Thursday, November 18, 2010


On the way to the Ngorongoro Crater we stopped at a Masi Village, They took us on a tour of their village.

When anyone comes to their camp the warriors get together and perform a welcome song and dance.










Here they had Bruce dancing with the men, They gave him a staff and he had to jump with one of the warriors, The guy standing beside me laughed and said that he was funny.










While the men dance all the women come out and sing for them. I had to participate with the women. One of the elder woman gave me her neck piece to wear to do the song.












Here the ladies were sitting in front of their Boma's (their homes) visiting, They like people to take photo's when visiting. The guy on the end by me ran over to have his photo taken with us.

They took Bruce and I into one of the Boma's, they are so small Bruce almost got stuck in it. Inside the boma they have 3 small sleeping areas and then a fire smoldering in the middle where they do their cooking.

It is the woman's job to build the Boma.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thats amazing. Their homes are so small.
    I like the picture of dad jumping hahaha
    I wish you had taken a video camera :(

    ReplyDelete